Pastoral Letters & Messages
In the Risen Lord - Letters Published in People of God
- 13.02.16 Resignation of Pope Benedict XVI Pope Benedict XVI has made a courageous decision and I encourage you to keep him in your prayers. For the pope to make the decision to resign effective February 28, 2013 took a lot of prayer, courage and strength. All of us who are senior citizens can attest to the changes in our bodies and energy levels. More> En español>
- Archbishop Michael J. Sheehan's Op Ed Piece Posted in the Albuquerque Journal, Sunday, November 10, 2013 Later Term Abortion Ban Archbishop encourages all Albuquerqueans to vote FOR the proposed ordinance to BAN late term abortion. More>
- 13.09.27 Archbishop Michael J. Sheehan's statement on late term abortion ban on the ballot of the City of Albuquerque. More> En español>
- 13.06.26 Statement: Archbishop Michael J. Sheehan on Supreme Court Ruling on Marriage I am not surprised, but I am deeply disappointed regarding today’s Supreme Court ruling to strike down the Federal Defense of Marriage Act and failure to support California’s Proposition 8. As a result, the definition of Marriage has radically changed. The repercussions of the Court’s decision will prove to be very difficult for our society and family law. We respect all our brothers and sisters regardless of sexual identity. However, the Archdiocese of Santa Fe will continue to uphold and defend the Biblical definition of marriage (Matthew 19:4), the sole union between one man and one woman.
- 13.03.27 NMCCB's Statement on Marriage More> En español>