The following policies were promulgated in 1991 and 1992 by then Archbishop Robert F. Sanchez, with additions and some minor revisions made by Archbishop Michael J. Sheehan together with the Presbyteral Council in November of 1997, in October of 2001, and in September of 2005. In 2012, the policies were again reviewed and updated, based primarily on changes in liturgical books.
- The Sacraments in general
- Infant baptism
- Godparent - sponsor agreement
- Affidavit of eligibility for the ministry of baptism or confirmation sponsor
- Ministers, celebration, participation
- Participation in the Holy Eucharist for the first time
- First Reconcilliation
- Reservation of the Holy Eucharist
- Exposition and veneration of the Blessed Sacrament
- Stipends received for the celebration of the Eucharist
- Holy Communion and Celiac disease
The following guidelines on marriage policy within the Archdiocese of Santa Fe are a revision of norms issued the Spring of 1987.
The revised guidelines reflect the general requirements of the Catholic Church's 1983 Code of Canon Law and adopted policy and directives of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe with respect to marriage over the last eight years.
The policy set forth within seeks the best possible pastoral care for the bride and groom as well as the needs of the Catholic Community. Good sound marriage do not happen; they are created and sustained by the partnership of husband, wife and God. The policy of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe for marriage seeks careful and sound preparation of couples for entering marital life.(For complete information on policy, click here.)
The sacramental guidelines reflect current (2012) archdiocesan practice.
- Adult confirmation
- Celebration of Confirmation - liturgical guidelines
- Confirmation music guidelines
- Confirmation music suggestions
- Communion to the sick and homebound
- Funeral guidelines
- Rite of marriage and cultural adaptations
Sacraments: Frequently asked questions
Archdiocese of Santa Fe
For information or clarification of these policies, please contact one of the following:
Office of Formation
for Christian Service
Office of the Marriage Tribunal Phone: 505.831.8177
Office of Religious Education
Office of Worship &
Office of Youth &
Young Adult Ministry