Office of Worship
of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions
Representing Roman Catholic Diocesan Offices of Worship and Liturgical Commissions throughout the United States and supporting the liturgical apostolate.
- Provide ongoing education/catechesis of clergy and laity
- Offer liturgical consultation and respond to questions/concerns of clergy and laity
- Plan and implement Archdiocesan liturgical celebrations
- Be an expert advisor for the Archbishop in liturgical matters
- Support and engage in ongoing learning about liturgy in the larger church context
- Collaborate with Pastoral Ministries Division, other Archdiocesan offices, Cathedral, Native American community, African American community, etc.
- Provide for professional development of the Archdiocesan Liturgical Commission
- Network and coordinate archdiocesan liturgical ministries
- Empower parish liturgical ministers to share talent and gifts with other parishes
- Encourage good liturgy wherever it is found
The archbishop is the chief liturgist of the archdiocese. The Office of Worship assists him in the work of the liturgy.
The Archdiocesan Liturgical Commission reports to and collaborates with the Office of Worship to assist in the work of the liturgy.
Guidelines, Updates, Bibliographies, and Other Information and Resources
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
- Information about the RCIA
Liturgical Environment and Art
- Guidelines for the Building and Renovation of Worship Space
- Guidelines for Commissioning, Purchasing or Accepting Donations of Religious Art for the Worship Space
Liturgy and Sacraments
- Guidelines for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
- Guidelines for the Order of Christian Funerals
- Guidelines for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Rite of Marriage Cultural Adaptations
- Sacramental Policies
- Rite of Election
- Call to Continuing Conversion
- Chrism Mass
Each year the Office of Worship and Christian Initiation offers workshops and conferences to assist parishes in improving their liturgical life. Call the Office for upcoming learning and prayer opportunities.